It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Please visit our local business partnersSite Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

 




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:45 pm
Posts: 12910
So the energy industry spent millions to get this measure defeated but now the Democrats have the statehouse. Will they have to make big donations to Polis and others to keep the wells pumping?

_________________
"You can't stop the signal, Mal".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:50 am
Posts: 11604
CK, talking down to members much less belittling them isn't what the site is for. As always you can take it to The Ring and espouse away.
You have more than enough intelligence to present your opinion or disagree without using genitals, feces or Hitler to make your point.
Consider this a public establishment like any restaurant, grocery, office... you don't come in attack everybody spewing profanity and not
get escorted out. The forums aren't open invitation to abuse members. If you ignore that you force us to restore some sense of decency for
other members. Simple.


Tarryall you can walk all the jobs you want to Trump-loving Wyoming, when the Denver-Julesburg Basin moves there let me know.
They went too far with 2,500 feet - 1,000 or 1,500 feet wouldn't impact the economy and still creates a margin of safety.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:43 pm
Posts: 2180
Cinnamongirl wrote:
CK this is a privately-owned forum and your harassment was affecting the business. And she has every right to stop harassment. She begged you we did we let you go forever. I would also like to point out you had to put something about servicing Trump's genitals again yesterday. . This is not the place for that kind of talk about your fellow posters. The ring is. It's not just a one-time thing you continually attack people harshly. I'm sorry you don't like it but somebody actually pays money for this forum to be run


And still classy:
ChromaKey wrote:
...It's obvious that anyone who doesn't service the genitals of Hitler's ghost is unwelcome here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:38 am
Posts: 21277
ChromaKey wrote:
I guess a state full of profoundly self-loathing people could not be bothered to read this before voting on Proposition 112:

Image
https://www.psr.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Fracking_Science_Compendium_5.pdf

TL;DR? Then skip ahead to the conclusion:
Quote:
Conclusion
All together, findings to date from scientific, medical, and journalistic investigations combine to demonstrate that fracking poses significant threats to air, water, health, public safety, climate stability, seismic stability, community cohesion, and long-term economic vitality. Emerging data from a rapidly expanding body of evidence continue to reveal a plethora of recurring problems and harms that cannot be sufficiently averted through regulatory frameworks. There is no evidence that fracking can operate without threatening public health directly or without imperiling climate stability upon which public health depends.
(Ibid.)

May your cups runneth over with benzene, may your loved ones be subjected your foolishness until you understand how badly you have strayed from light-lit paths. How is it that you believe you are worthy of citizenship in a liberal democracy?

I'm sickened and disgusted by the pathology and madness imprisoning this country.


Did you hear all the lies on thier commercials, and all the local celebrities they paid to endorse it? From black pastors to John Elway? As if the world was gonna end if we voted yes- The industry invested so much money and it influenced idiots. When you see that one side has 3 million commercials and the other has none..YOU KNOW ITS CORPORATE INTERESTS OVER WE THE PEOPLE. That alone should tell anyone how to vote...



We don't have a voice in this system..

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVhOH-R9UuA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:08 pm
Posts: 19179
Golf n Gamble wrote:
ChromaKey wrote:
I guess a state full of profoundly self-loathing people could not be bothered to read this before voting on Proposition 112:

Image
https://www.psr.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Fracking_Science_Compendium_5.pdf

TL;DR? Then skip ahead to the conclusion:
Quote:
Conclusion
All together, findings to date from scientific, medical, and journalistic investigations combine to demonstrate that fracking poses significant threats to air, water, health, public safety, climate stability, seismic stability, community cohesion, and long-term economic vitality. Emerging data from a rapidly expanding body of evidence continue to reveal a plethora of recurring problems and harms that cannot be sufficiently averted through regulatory frameworks. There is no evidence that fracking can operate without threatening public health directly or without imperiling climate stability upon which public health depends.
(Ibid.)

May your cups runneth over with benzene, may your loved ones be subjected your foolishness until you understand how badly you have strayed from light-lit paths. How is it that you believe you are worthy of citizenship in a liberal democracy?

I'm sickened and disgusted by the pathology and madness imprisoning this country.


Did you hear all the lies on thier commercials, and all the local celebrities they paid to endorse it? From black pastors to John Elway? As if the world was gonna end if we voted yes- The industry invested so much money and it influenced idiots. When you see that one side has 3 million commercials and the other has none..YOU KNOW ITS CORPORATE INTERESTS OVER WE THE PEOPLE. That alone should tell anyone how to vote...



We don't have a voice in this system..


I want complete Dan and having it moved to another state and that good enough for me I'm waiting for a band One

_________________
Check a fact before it becomes a fact.
The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self-awareness. -- Annie Savoy

Owner, CEO and Founder of http://www.communitiesbound.com Founder of http://www.285bound.com
Colorado Native.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:38 am
Posts: 21277
Cinnamongirl wrote:

I want complete Dan and having it moved to another state and that good enough for me I'm waiting for a band One


ok.....................Someone call an abulance to Aurora..I think CG just had a mini stroke

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVhOH-R9UuA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:27 am
Posts: 1168
Location: Bear Mountain, Evergreen
Now I know that it's useless to try to have a real discussion with Sport about natural gas, but maybe some of the other people reading might come to their senses.
Here in Colorado our energy prices are way lower than most parts of the country (except Texas and Oklahoma) because of fracking. And NG prices are lower all over the country because fracking.

I understand the emotional argument against fracking, but try to realize the economics of fracking. Companies move here and bring jobs because of the lower energy prices.

The average family living in a 2500 sq ft house on a postage stamp lot is probably using natural gas to heat the home. Most are also using natural gas to heat their water, and all of them are paying the electric company for the electricity.

It's really not an exaggeration to say that after they shut down many coal plants in Colorado, the average household is ever more dependent on natural gas. In fact they have shut down enough coal plants now that a cold snap could cause a major spike in NG prices. The electricity you buy is being generated with Natural Gas.

Are you all ready to shell out an extra $1,000 per month (or more) for your energy prices? That's about $12,000 per year in HIGHER living expenses for the average family household. Because this would be the real effect of a fracking ban. Even if you are independently wealthy and living high-on-the-hog off your United Airlines pension like GNG, you may be able to absorb that additional cost, but what about your kids trying to establish their life? What about your neighbors or elderly folks who are on a fixed income and already having hardships paying the bills. Costs are rising everywhere and on everything, do you really want to shoot the economy in the foot?

Some will say yes- go ahead and stick it to that ol lady down the street, go ahead and make life even harder for that family already behind in their bills.

No matter- I do not use NG personally except through a small electric bill. But the cost of everything will go up and I'll be paying for that.

I'm supporting fracking because we all have a higher standard of living and we have a better Colorado economy because of our low energy prices.
When you kill the goose who lays the golden eggs- expect everything to cost more, expect that company who might provide your kid with a job to move somewhere other than Colorado, and expect other companies who are considering a move to Colorado to go elsewhere.

Fracking will eventually be obsolete due to newer and more cost effective energy in the future, but cutting it off before "it's time" will cause unnecessary economic hardship.

_________________
"Corruptissima republica plurimae leges"(69 A.D.)

Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the Gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the distribution of equal misery Churchill

https://fcpp.org/2009/01/16/atlas-shrug ... -52-years/

Government is not the solution to our problem, Government is the problem
Ron Reagan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:38 am
Posts: 21277
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: Shut up Bear...We don't have to ruin the planet in order to live on it.....

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVhOH-R9UuA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:27 am
Posts: 1168
Location: Bear Mountain, Evergreen
Did you read my first sentence?
Quote:
Now I know that it's useless to try to have a real discussion with Sport about natural gas, but maybe some of the other people reading might come to their senses.

Piss off sport- you are useless to a real discussion.

_________________
"Corruptissima republica plurimae leges"(69 A.D.)

Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the Gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the distribution of equal misery Churchill

https://fcpp.org/2009/01/16/atlas-shrug ... -52-years/

Government is not the solution to our problem, Government is the problem
Ron Reagan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:38 am
Posts: 21277
[In Bears republican nerd voice]

"Vote no on 112 or we'll lost 8 trillion jobs, schools will explode, roads will close, our daughters will have sex with black guys and we'll all pay $10,000 a month to heat our homes!"


Why would anybody believe an industry that lies more than Trump?

WAKE UP!

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVhOH-R9UuA


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY