It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partnersSite Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

Post subject: V Vote Colorado Election
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:03 pm 

Right now you need to be 25 to be a Colorado legislator. If this measure passes, you would only have to be 21. Would you vote to lower the age? I will vote no. My usual rule with ballot measures and additional ammendments is to vote no unless it is a super good idea. Not broke, don't fix it. I don't think Colorado will benefit any from immature legislators.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:12 pm 

Agree, vote no on most ballot amendments. Even some that sound reasonable may have poor design and language so be very skeptical.

This was a good summary for reading:

https://303magazine.com/2018/10/colorad ... uide-2018/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:08 am 

joeschmo wrote:
Agree, vote no on most ballot amendments. Even some that sound reasonable may have poor design and language so be very skeptical.

And we shouldn't have 70 year old presidents.. my God, I started forgetting everything around 45 ...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:37 am 

Golf n Gamble wrote:
joeschmo wrote:

And we shouldn't have 70 year old presidents.. my God, I started forgetting everything around 45 ...

Agree. Surprised the candidates in 2016 were so old. And 2020 doesn't look better. Biden and Hillary might be running again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:31 am 

Tarryall wrote:
Golf n Gamble wrote:
joeschmo wrote:

Agree. Surprised the candidates in 2016 were so old. And 2020 doesn't look better. Biden and Hillary might be running again.

You really think Hillary is going to run for president again?

You "guys" always let your fears overwhelm you..

Thats absurd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:22 am 

Golf n Gamble wrote:

You really think Hillary is going to run for president again?

You "guys" always let your fears overwhelm you..

Thats absurd

I think it would be absurd for her to run but it would not be surprising either considering she still has not accepted her loss. Who do your sources say is the most likely candidate that could beat Trump? Don't give me a long list, give me your gut feeling on a few of the heavy hitters on that big Democrat bench. All I see are jokes and people who will be dead soon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:25 am 

Cory 'Sparticus' Booker and Kamala Harris. I'd be surprised if they don't both give it a shot.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Hillary considers it for the reason Slick gives. Also because she and Bill crave money like junkies and they found it a good source of funds in the past.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:18 am 

Booker thinks he's the next Obama and Harris think the majority of the country thinks like CA politicians... both are dead wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:52 am 

I'm surprised nobody is talking much about Amendment 73. Its a massive Constitutional change to income taxes and probably property taxes in Colorado. And the "polls" say it may very well pass at 58%.

I think this state has gone nuts, welcome to Cali-rodo! Go Governor Polis!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:21 pm 

Windchime wrote:
Cory 'Sparticus' Booker and Kamala Harris. I'd be surprised if they don't both give it a shot.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Hillary considers it for the reason Slick gives. Also because she and Bill crave money like junkies and they found it a good source of funds in the past.

You do know that you have to have a lot of backing to run for president, you just can't decide youre going to run for president and have any kind of chance without the money... a lot more money than the Clintons have..

Nobody is investing in her