It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partnersSite Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Dumbest Post of the Day
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:00 am 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-new ... e-13382892

'Time traveller using mobile phone' spotted in 1940s photograph of beach goers

There is no phone there

Owner, CEO and Founder of http://www.communitiesbound.com Founder of http://www.285bound.com
Graphics Design at www.gorgeouslygraphic.com
Colorado Native.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:23 pm 

Lol wouldn’t work very well in 1940’s either.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:59 am 

john wrote:
Lol wouldn’t work very well in 1940’s either.

Good point

Owner, CEO and Founder of http://www.communitiesbound.com Founder of http://www.285bound.com
Graphics Design at www.gorgeouslygraphic.com
Colorado Native.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:17 pm 

Dumbest post of the day.
http://yourevergreenwebsite.com/evergreenforum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:51 pm 

I always used to rent big black Lincoln Continentals to drive out here from Chicago when my parents lived in Evergreen in the late 80's early 90s. They had phones in them which was a big deal back then. We had to call an operator who would take your credit card number and then put the call through.. The calls would go something like this.." Hi Mom can you hear me? can you hear me? I'm calling from the car, I said I'm calling from the car, yes....theres a phone in the car, we're in Nebraska, I said we're in Nebraska, we will be there in 10 hours, I said 10 hours, yes, see you then..okay bye"

That cost like $80

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:43 am 

This is now my favorite thread.

Great idea! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:47 am 

Golf n Gamble wrote:
I always used to rent big black Lincoln Continentals to drive out here from Chicago when my parents lived in Evergreen in the late 80's early 90s. They had phones in them which was a big deal back then. We had to call an operator who would take your credit card number and then put the call through.. The calls would go something like this.." Hi Mom can you hear me? can you hear me? I'm calling from the car, I said I'm calling from the car, yes....theres a phone in the car, we're in Nebraska, I said we're in Nebraska, we will be there in 10 hours, I said 10 hours, yes, see you then..okay bye"

That cost like $80

So instead of stopping at one of the million payphones and dropping a dime, you dropped $80 to act like a bigshot? You really have been a moron for decades.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:56 am 

Slickgreen wrote:
Golf n Gamble wrote:

That cost like $80

So instead of stopping at one of the million payphones and dropping a dime, you dropped $80 to act like a bigshot? You really have been a moron for decades.

I always got the car for free- I had a connection at Avis or Budget, I forget which.. The friend there would give me the car at a good rate, like $180 for 2weeks, then id call a week into the rental and tell them the car was out of alignment and that I needed (for saftey reasons) to replace the two front tires..Id show her a fake reciept for the tires and that price (usually around $200) would come off the price of the rental. Her ass was covered and the car was free to me, I think I even got small credits on my card sometimes. She was a great connection.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:10 am 

Golf n Gamble wrote:
Slickgreen wrote:
Golf n Gamble wrote:

That cost like $80

I always got the car for free- I had a connection at Avis or Budget, I forget which.. The friend there would give me the car at a good rate, like $180 for 2weeks, then id call a week into the rental and tell them the car was out of alignment and that I needed (for saftey reasons) to replace the two front tires..Id show her a fake reciept for the tires and that price (usually around $200) would come off the price of the rental. Her ass was covered and the car was free to me, I think I even got small credits on my card sometimes. She was a great connection.

Still doesn't explain why you couldn't make a call from the gas station for a dime and chose to use an $80 call with bad reception. I call that either extremely stupid or another one of many made up stories. Being a dishonest thief seems to be the core of many of your stories though so you should be proud.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:18 am 

Slickgreen wrote:
Golf n Gamble wrote:
Slickgreen wrote:
Golf n Gamble wrote:

That cost like $80

Still doesn't explain why you couldn't make a call from the gas station for a dime and chose to use an $80 call with bad reception. I call that either extremely stupid or another one of many made up stories. Being a dishonest thief seems to be the core of many of your stories though so you should be proud.

You sound like my wife...The phone in the car was a big deal back then..And I didn't stop on road trips back then.. After a bunch of babies my wife had to piss all the time and i'd make her wait until gas stops- I got so sick of her whining that one time I brought a big bowl and told her to piss in that them dump it out the window- She actually did it once and when she tried to dump it out the window at 80 mph the bowl flew out of her hands, and piss sprayed back into the car and on the kids in the back seat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next