It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partnersSite Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:46 am 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/house-mone ... 0?mod=e2tw

Wall Street is betting that more well-off Americans will want to be renters.

Financiers who loaded up on homes after the housing bust for pennies on the dollar are buying yet more—despite home prices in many markets being at all-time highs.

Owner, CEO and Founder of http://www.communitiesbound.com Founder of http://www.285bound.com
Graphics Design at www.gorgeouslygraphic.com
Colorado Native.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:38 pm 

I agree. We are in another real estate bubble. While wages are rising, they are not doubling in five years. Even bad neighborhoods in Denver are high priced.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:43 pm 

Single family homes are a bad investment for perspective landlords. Multifamily - quadraplex and larger - are the best investment.

Phil Mudd, Deputy Director FBI under Robert Mueller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:58 pm 

It's still a good time to invest if you believe interest rates will rise to historically normal levels... as soon as they do, less people will be able to buy and more will be forced to rent.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:09 pm 

Yeah, I'm just talking about maximizing your profit. You make money right away on real estate if you buy under market value. You make money on appreciation and you make money on rents. The rents are critical if you are using them as a retirement plan, but not if you are flipping. I'm just flipping right now and collecting rents on previous investments. Its nice to be able to buy a 4 br 3 bath house of 3 acres for cash then double my money on it in two months.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:20 pm 

john wrote:
Single family homes are a bad investment for perspective landlords. Multifamily - quadraplex and larger - are the best investment.

That's why I think there is something else at play here. None of this makes sense.

Owner, CEO and Founder of http://www.communitiesbound.com Founder of http://www.285bound.com
Graphics Design at www.gorgeouslygraphic.com
Colorado Native.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:59 pm 

Being a buyer in Denver, or CA or Seattle etc. right now is nuts to me, I guess u have to live somewhere though.

I was a renter for a pretty long time until I felt comfortable buying and settling down. Prices here are nuts.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:08 pm 

It is ok, unlike before...now the "government" run Fanny, Freddie, VA, FHA, etc. etc. are issuing all new mortgages. Including the zero down BS that worked so well before. no worries.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:32 am 

Cinnamongirl wrote:
john wrote:

That's why I think there is something else at play here. None of this makes sense.

Well, the last time around, the banks got a lot of properties back through foreclosure and it hurt them bad enough to need a bailout. That bailout came in the form of reimbursement for the foreclosed amount of the loans. They could then sit on the properties and sell them in 6 months to a year at full market value and make all the money again that they had received in bailouts. I'm sure they'd like a round two, but they know they won't get that same deal, so they are collecting properties because they will be in demand again. Inventories right now are very low in most places. You can't find a contractor to work on your existing house because they are building new ones. I'm personally picking up the foreclosed properties that need a bit of work and only go for cash. You can get them for 0.40 on the dollar but that won't last.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:51 am 

Both of my sisters recently sold homes, they did nothing to them to fix them up before putting them on the market. Both got more than their asking price. Crazy market.