It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partnersSite Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Allroos Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

Post subject: I predicted this...
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:02 pm 

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-Gene ... orter.html

Quote:
Citi: U.S. To Become World’s Top Oil Exporter

As global oil markets shift their attention from U.S. shale oil production back to a resurgent Saudi Arabia and Russia and geopolitical concerns bearing down on oil prices, Citigroup said last Wednesday that the U.S. is poised to surpass Saudi Arabia next year as the world’s largest exporter of crude and oil products.

The U.S. exported a record 8.3 million barrels per day (bpd) last week of crude oil and petroleum products, the government also said Wednesday. Top crude oil exporter Saudi Arabia’s, for its part, exported 9.3 million bpd in January, while Russia exported 7.4 million bpd, the bank added.

As I predicted, Trump's plan was to bring the US to a position to be able to export enough oil to essentially defang OPEC and Russia.. The whole Syria debacle was also part of this because Syria is wanting to grant a pipeline to Russia into the European market and then Russia planned to sell that oil for Euros instead of dollars. That would have undercut the dollar's status as the world reserve currency. Our world and all of the geopolitics are still centered on oil and will be for the foreseeable future.

Phil Mudd, Deputy Director FBI under Robert Mueller

Post subject: Re: I predicted this...
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:06 am 

Drill, baby, drill. And President Obama didn't think this would help America. 100K blue collar jobs, less dependence on Middle East and Russian oil. The former community organizer was not a strategic thinker.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:17 am 

If the petrodollar had been allowed to fail, our entire economy would have gone with it. It wasn't mere;y about helping.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:28 am 

And meanwhile:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 581270002/

Earth's carbon dioxide levels continue to soar, at highest point in 800,000 years

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:35 am 

john wrote:
As I predicted, Trump's plan was to bring the US to a position to be able to export enough oil to essentially defang OPEC and Russia..

I thought it was the Obama Admin. and Congress in 2015 that lifted the long time ban on exported crude oil. Before that the US could only export refined products?

I'm still not sure if exporting our reserves is a good idea, since we are still dependent on imported crude oil, though less than before the "drill baby drill" era. Same for Natural gas, why deplete our supply?