It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partnersSite Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:32 am 

BearMtnHIB wrote:
Golf n Gamble wrote:
I'm as far to the left as you can get and I don't know anybody you think we have a RIGHT to any of those things, expept ARTICLE III: We do have the right to have our day in court- Its just one of the pillars of our democracy... Thats all! lol. And nobody ever got money from a jury of their peers for sticking a screw driver in their eye?

Bear...Wait until someone says they have a right to something- Don't make up stories and put words in our mouths so you can argue against them? You sound like an idiot-

And in America, we can speak any language and worship any gods we want- Sorry

Sport-

This is not MY list...
I'm glad you agree that these are not rights. Neither is getting millions for spilling coffee in your lap.
I also agree you can worship any god you want.

So we agree.

Yes, we agree- Nobody thinks most of those are Rights granted to us in the Constitution..You are agueing with some absurd character that only exists on RightWing radio, TV and in your mind

McDonalds coffee was not only hot, it was scalding -- capable of almost instantaneous destruction of skin, flesh and muscle. Here's the whole story.
https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts

Bear...Guys like you are on Jury's you know? Guys just like you who favor corporations over people on every issue- We all have a right to have our day in court, but even I (who bends over backwards to defend people) wouldnt punish a tool company and award someone money for sticking a screwdriver in their eye...

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:39 am 

I thought I remembered reading where that lady got her award reduced on repeal and didn't even cover her medical expenses. Could be wrong, but that sounds about right when dealing with these corporate lawyers. Sorry bear, but you're dead wrong on this issue.

Phil Mudd, Deputy Director FBI under Robert Mueller

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:38 am 

john wrote:
I thought I remembered reading where that lady got her award reduced on repeal and didn't even cover her medical expenses. Could be wrong, but that sounds about right when dealing with these corporate lawyers. Sorry bear, but you're dead wrong on this issue.

:hands:

There's a lot of americans that don't understand what makes this country great, and what makes us Free....they think that being a Patriot is wavin a little flag at 4th of July parades, standing for the National Anthem and droping to their knees around soldiers, but those things are meaningless. Having your day in court is not..It's one of the pillars of our democracy. There are millions lawsuits a year, the corporate owned and operated media put out the most outragious sounding ones (were still talking about one lawsuit in the 90's?) in order to get public support for Tort Reform- Which is another word for "You Can't Sue Us No Matter What"

There's not a frivilous lawsuit problem in America, it's made up... Just like the imigration problem and the terrorist threat- Its all made up by the facists/war profiteers to scare people like Slick and Bear so they can keep looting the treasury under the guise of National Security. These Republicans are so easily frightened

Its embarrassing, not to mention very expensive to each and everyone of us who don't want to trade our freedoms for "security"

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:58 am 

She was awarded $640,000 to be accurate, and we all know the progressive narrative that we don't need to be responsible for our own actions, we are all born victims that must be protected from our own stupidity and clumsiness. Do you think she was the only person to accidentally spill hot coffee on herself? Will your home coffee maker make coffee hot enough to burn your crotch? Of course it will, especially if your're old and likely on blood thinners. If she got $640,000, how much do you think her blood sucking lawyer got?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:11 am 

He would have received 35% of that or $224k plus expenses. I can tell you that that won't go far in a medical environment. I had an accident and got a $500k award after years of fighting. My medical bills were well over $1 mil. Don't believe the BS liberal vs conservative talking points on everything.

Phil Mudd, Deputy Director FBI under Robert Mueller

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:22 am 

john wrote:
He would have received 35% of that or $224k plus expenses. I can tell you that that won't go far in a medical environment. I had an accident and got a $500k award after years of fighting. My medical bills were well over $1 mil. Don't believe the BS liberal vs conservative talking points on everything.

That's where he get all his news, John. Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Bumper Stickers

He's not like us- :hands:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:35 am 

Slickgreen wrote:
She was awarded $640,000 to be accurate, and we all know the progressive narrative that we don't need to be responsible for our own actions, we are all born victims that must be protected from our own stupidity and clumsiness.

Do you think the drivers of those Pintos that blew up into a ball of flame if a biyccle rear ended them were being stupid and clumsy?

Let every case be heard and we'll judge them on the merits of each case.. Thats how we do it in America, Slick...if you don't like it, put in your transfer to North Korea...No Lawsuits there..

"Poor battered and beat up" Corporate America doesn't need a security blanky, Slick... So wake up Puppet Boy- Youre a human being, not a corporation...And don't think for a second that one day your ma and paw business will be exempt from litigation..It will just be big conpanies/doners like Exxon and the Auto Makers...Not lower than whales shit like you.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:05 am 

john wrote:

If I spill hot coffee on myself from my own coffee pot, can I then sue the coffee maker manufacturer for my stupidity? It's not a liberal/conservative thing, it's called "shit happens". I know it's hard for some people to live a full life without being a victim of everything, including their own bad decisions, but maybe I was just raised differently and would never dream of suing a company for my own clumsiness. Now if the employee was the one who spilled the coffee, that would be a different story.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:13 am 

Slickgreen wrote:
john wrote:

If I spill hot coffee on myself from my own coffee pot, can I then sue the coffee maker manufacturer for my stupidity?

Yeah, sure you can, but you wont make a dime on that case- You'd have a hard time trying to find a lawyer to take such a loser and a judge would probably throw it out before the filed paperwork ever sees the light of day

Calm down...We don't have a frivilous lawsuit problem in America..It's all made up...And there's not a terrorist behind every bush in your yard..

Get a real problem, you sound like a hysterical housewife now

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:28 am 

So you really do believe there is no such thing as a frivolous lawsuit?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next