It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Allroos Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:44 am 

Slickgreen wrote:
ChromaKey wrote:
Tarryall wrote:
Lol, you do not like to answer a simple question, do you?

I don't like to answer facile questions. There's a world of difference, isn't there?

Tarryall wrote:
CK, do you support open borders? Should anyone who wants to live in America be permitted to reside here easily as a citizen?

Why are two questions facile questions? You don't have to just answer just yes or no, you can answer yes or no with qualifiers. To me they seem like very reasonable questions every American should have an opinion about. But, I've never had a problem answering questions like this, even if those questions force me to backup my argument with logic and reason.

I answered. You're just frightened of engaging with it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:56 am 

Really CK? Could you repeat your answers to those two specific questions? You must have accidentally deleted them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:21 am 

Americans live in Mexico, and Mexico could always choose to make things as wrongfully hard and degrading for those Americans in Mexico as we have made it for Mexican-Americans and Mexican nationals living and working in the US.

Tell me friend, where did God draw the borders dividing and isolating her creation? For what length of the world's existence have such borders been known to exist? Have such lines, drawn across the planet, caused any wars or social strife? Do they service mankind, or do they service nationalism?

There's nothing wrong with border security in theory, but when it is used to separate families in wrongful service to jingoistic nationalistic subversions of peace and cosmopolitan plurality, I think we all know perfectly well what's actually being perpetuated.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:51 pm 

Nice try but you still haven't answer the question. If you were running for president and were asked the two questions at hand, what answers would you give? It sounds to me like you think there is something inherently wrong with borders in general, but your tap dancing around the questions makes it unclear. Pictures don't answer the questions but they are a great dodge. You do understand the difference between the Berlin wall and the border between the US and Mexico, right? We either have an immigration policy or we don't. If we shouldn't REQUIRE all immigrants to get permission before entering the US, then I agree, we shouldn't worry about borders. But what would this country look like in 10 years and would you really want that?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:31 pm 

If I were running for el presidente, my platform would be respect for liberty, equality, fraternité, plurality, and the international rule of law. I would also support the rationalization of American law, ending the wrongful war against Muslims and the wrongful war against anti-prohibitionists. I would promise to gather up all the war criminals, criminals against humanity, and their collaborators and remit them along with a boatload of hard evidence of their culpability to the custody of the International Criminal Court. I would also run on ending all wrongful American political memes of suppression on liberals, artists, Muslims, African-Americans, latin Americans, anyone I'm forgetting, and then end like a champion the wrongful degradations great and small upon everyone who isn't some white cisgender dude.

I would promise to elevate high environmental crimes to a capital offense against survival of mankind and civilization on the face of the planet. I would ensure that the United States joins with the UN in a global nuclear weapons ban. I would promise my base that together we will do whatever was sufficient to finally put the wrongful excesses of hatred, bigotry, avarice, corruption, and pathology of white-supremacist and Talibanesque Paternalistic extreme religious America out of business forever and end their two-millennia too long wrongful noxious regressive small-minded demagogic abuse of power over spirituality, society, culture, gender, and freedom. Single payer goes almost without saying. Higher education investments and full public support for our most capable, talented, skillful, and intelligent child-citizens goes almost without saying.

If you've got a valid passport, friend, and there's no International warrant for your arrest, what possible reason could I or anyone credible have to deny your entry to this cosmopolitan pluralistic liberal democracy? F*** fascism in all its odious wrongful forms, be it public-corporate, public-private, public-religious, military-industrial, judicial-industial, medical-industrial, or some new deranged form of its intransigent evil. We must end forever its profound misogyny, its brutal anti-humanism, and its great harmful wrongful violations upon its endless political scapegoats and targets.

I would affirm that The People rule the government, and that the Government's role necessarily must never again enslave, control, abuse, undermine, limit, or attack in the name of governance our free society, our freedom of culture, our free spirituality, our intellectual freedom, or our freedom to form our own morality informed by and for this new age of man ever again. Certainly, we of my generation are better people than the incumbents, those undying skeletal things from the corrupt nuclear-fascist nightmare era of America. Their wrongful rule must be ended forever. Their generation created and is culpable for this present world of shit.

I would make sure that none of these corrections could be unwound by fascism ever again. Finally, I would limit executive power and split off much of it to a Prime Minister over a Parliament with a runoff electoral system. I would abolish forever the US two-party system and the electoral college. I would also aim our countrymen at zealously reforming elections such that Buckley v Valeo (1976) was defeated finally with a desperately overdue Constitutional amendment reaffirming the only protected expression in an election is the ballot and speech and that money must once again and forevermore never be allowed to elevate any candidate or party to functionally become "more equal" than another.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:52 pm 

Lol, you must get paid by the word. To distill CK 's answer, she supports open borders. As long as you are not a felon, you are welcome to become an American citizen, all seven billion of you. Want to see Colorado and America paved over? Support Open Borders. Call me stingy, but I think Colorado is already overpopulated and I do not want millions more to live here. Pakistan doubled their population in ten years. They goofed up, I don't want to see my state ruined because they hate birth control.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:59 pm 

You're being ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:37 am 

American voters have consistently chosen candidates who don't want open borders. CK, how many illegal aliens are you harboring in your home to protect from the INS? Lol, you have probably only ever talked about the plight of economic refugees, wheras I in my misguided, radical youth, smuggled an illegal into the country until we got caught in Texas.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:19 am 

ChromaKey wrote:
Americans live in Mexico, and Mexico could always choose to make things as wrongfully hard and degrading for those Americans in Mexico as we have made it for Mexican-Americans and Mexican nationals living and working in the US.

I think you are over stating this, sounds like these so called "illegal" Americans living in Mexico are simply gaming the lax 6 month Tourist Visa, which can be renewed easily. Mexico chooses to welcome these upper income, probably retirees and snowbirds to live part year in Mexico and spend their US retirement income there. It's in their own self interest or they would crack down on it.

Do you think Mexico treats all their neighbors to their south as friendly, i.e. Tourist visas for anyone? Or are there some restrictions for all those refugees being smuggled thru and hitching train rides?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:58 am 

CK, don't let Mexico off so easily. In most of the nation, Americans and other foreigners are not allowed to own land. Is this blatant nationalism, or just a country preventing foreign individuals and corporations buying up the nation?