It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Allroos Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:16 pm 

A Border Patrol vehicle drives in front of a mural in Tecate, Mexico, just beyond a border structure Friday, Sept. 8, 2017, in Tecate,

Quote:
Giant portrait of toddler peers over US-Mexico border wall
ABCnews, By julie watson/AP, TECATE, Calif. — Sep 8, 2017, 8:07 PM ET

A photo of a giant toddler stands in Mexico and peers over a steel wall dividing the country from the United States. The boy appears to grip the barrier with his fingers, leaving the impression the entire thing could be toppled with a giggle. A French artist who goes by the moniker "JR" erected the cut-out of the boy that stands nearly 65 feet (20 meters) tall and is meant to prompt discussion of immigration.

On Friday, a steady stream of people drove to the remote section of wall near the Tecate border crossing, about 40 miles (64 kilometers) southeast of San Diego. Border Patrol agents warned visitors to keep the dirt road clear for their patrols and not pass anything through the fence.

"It's larger than life," he said. "It just draws attention to the whole issue in a positive way." On the Mexican side, families scrambled down a scrubby hillside to take selfies with the artwork. Children in school uniforms played tag under the scaffolding supporting the photo. People on each side of the wall waved to each other. Salma Montoya, 18, a student in Tecate said her town is abuzz about it. "It's beautiful," she said.

JR has done other large-scale portraits around the world, with much of his recent work focused on immigrants. He told reporters at Wednesday's unveiling of the portrait that he was spurred by a dream in which he imagined a kid looking over the border wall. "And when I woke up, I wondered: 'What was he thinking?'" he said. "Like for us we know all the implications, what it represents, how it divides, but for a kid, I didn't have the answer." The latest piece will remain in Tecate for a month. JR hopes people will view it from each side.
(full article) http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/giant-portrait-toddler-peers-us-mexico-border-wall-49712488

Fantastique!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:07 am 

Very cute! OMG are you saying there is already a WALLl somewhere? It already existed before mean ol Trump?

Tear it down right now! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:04 am 

joeschmo wrote:
Very cute! OMG are you saying there is already a WALLl somewhere? It already existed before mean ol Trump?

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:48 pm 

joeschmo wrote:

No. Those would all be examples of things you're saying or thinking.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:24 pm 

Sorry, he made a good point. There is a wall along large parts of the border patrolled. CK, do you support open borders? Should anyone who wants to live in America be permitted to reside here easily as a citizen?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:03 pm 

Tarryall wrote:
Sorry, he made a good point. There is a wall along large parts of the border patrolled. CK, do you support open borders? Should anyone who wants to live in America be permitted to reside here easily as a citizen?

Quote:
91% of Americans living in Mexico are "Illegal"
latinlife.com, by Sara Noelle,

The United State’s State Department confirms that almost a million Americans are living illegally in Mexico.

From 2015 the number of Americans living illegally in Mexico has increased 37.8%. According to a Study by the National Institute of Geography and Statistics, around 739,168 thousand American Citizens lived in Mexico in 2015 and, according to the National Institute of Immigration, of those only 65,302 were legal residents.

That means that 91.2 percent of Estadounidenses living in the country in 2015 were there “illegally” but that number has risen. More recent statistics from the Sate Department stipulate that almost a million Americans are currently residing in Mexico and of those 934,698 are there illegally. That's a 37.8% increase in just two years.
(full article) https://www.latinlife.com/article/4487/heres-a-twist-91-of-americans-living-in-mexico-are-illegal

The question also implicitly being asked here is whether or not we want to make life hard for Americans living abroad, particularly in Mexico. It strikes me as similar to what's going on to British pensioners, students, sojourners, romantics in the EU, watching psychopaths try to burn bridges of progress carefully erected decades ago on the basis of falseness, ideology, and profound illiberality via mil-spec PsyOps from Robert Mercer's Cambridge Analytica. Seems kinda like rape.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:01 am 

Lol, you do not like to answer a simple question, do you? President Barack Obama deported illegals in record numbers but the question you asked was not posed for him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:49 am 

Tarryall wrote:
Lol, you do not like to answer a simple question, do you? President Barack Obama deported illegals in record numbers but the question you asked was not posed for him.

That question never gets a straight answer from most liberals. The problem is that feelings are more important to them than logic and reason.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:23 am 

Tarryall wrote:
Lol, you do not like to answer a simple question, do you?

I don't like to answer facile questions. There's a world of difference, isn't there?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:41 am 

ChromaKey wrote:
Tarryall wrote:
Lol, you do not like to answer a simple question, do you?

I don't like to answer facile questions. There's a world of difference, isn't there?

Tarryall wrote:
CK, do you support open borders? Should anyone who wants to live in America be permitted to reside here easily as a citizen?

Why are two questions facile questions? You don't have to just answer just yes or no, you can answer yes or no with qualifiers. To me they seem like very reasonable questions every American should have an opinion about. But, I've never had a problem answering questions like this, even if those questions force me to backup my argument with logic and reason.