It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Allroos Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

Post subject: Demonstration down here.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:52 pm 

https://www.facebook.com/robynabc/posts ... nref=story

I think they are Smoky Hill students and they were chanting "No hate, no fear immigrants are welcome here."

Owner, CEO and Founder of http://www.communitiesbound.com Founder of http://www.285bound.com
Graphics Design at www.gorgeouslygraphic.com
Colorado Native.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:53 pm 

The only issue for me is, that I don't think they should be able to skip school for this.

Owner, CEO and Founder of http://www.communitiesbound.com Founder of http://www.285bound.com
Colorado Native.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:33 pm 

"Should be able?" They weren't given permission, they granted it to themselves. That's how you know it's a real protest. Apparently it wasn't just them. Look, they made the story go international!

Quote:
DACA: Students march out of schools in protest at Trump scrapping immigration amnesty
independent.co.uk, by Clark Mindock, Tuesday 5 September 2017

Students in Denver have walked out of their schools in protest at Donald Trump's decision to end a programme that protected 800,000 young immigrants from deportation... The protests in Denver included a number of schools in Denver, with hundreds of students walking out.

As well as Colorado, other student protests are expected in Albuquerque and a number of other areas. Students have also joined protests against the decision outside of the White House in Washington DC.
(full article) http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/daca-protests-trump-dreamers-immigration-students-schools-denver-latest-a7931141.html

The only thing I'm confused by is the article is from Tuesday. Are you talking about that, or is this another demonstration?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:41 pm 

Today, right down the street

Colorado Native.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:46 pm 

These kids are protesting the story they've been told - that all of these "dreamers" are going to be deported because Trump is mean and nasty. The fact is that Obama himself talked about how illegal this was in 2010 then did it anyway. The name of his stupid power grab - "Deferred Action..." should be all they need to understand what happened but they are too young and easily managed by the media to think for themselves. Something should have been done by the do-nothing congress when Obama was in office. He did this knowing full well that it was illegal in hopes that it would get done once dems got control back. This is an issue that needs to be resolved legislatively, not at the executive level. The Constitution is still the law of the land. If Trump was the mean nasty racist hater that everyone says he is, he would have cut of DACA on day one. No year long warning to get it done legislatively. There really is no critical thinking going on any more. All of these young people react to what they hear on the news which, for the most part, is garbage. All news outlets get their news from the same controlled sources. That's why it is so easy to put together montages of every news outlet in the country reporting using the same wording.

Phil Mudd, Deputy Director FBI under Robert Mueller

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:39 pm 

Year long warning? Trump hasn't been in office that long.

Sounds like you're in favor of deporting dreamer kids, John.
Kids have a unique view you and I don't have - seeing fellow students who lived a normal life growing up alongside them, who now live in
fear. You don't have to watch the news to be aware of that.

I don't much like dreamers getting scholarships over born and raised citizens, but I can't imagine young people being plunked into Mexico
possibly not even knowing the language.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:57 am 

If you snuck your kids into Disneyland and the park management threw them out, would it be your fault or the park's? Do you really want to establish a precedent that people who break the law and sneak into America automatically get to stay?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:43 am 

cabinish wrote:

Kids have a unique view you and I don't have - seeing fellow students who lived a normal life growing up alongside them, who now live in

I don't much like dreamers getting scholarships over born and raised citizens, but I can't imagine young people being plunked into Mexico

Either you didn't read my post or I failed to speak clearly. Exactly where did you get the idea that I'm in favor of deporting "dreamer kids". I put that in quotes because of the new law that is being written by Kushner and Graham that is blanket amnesty for every illegal here. I don't like the thought of welcoming 30 to 40 million people in to the country after flouting pur laws but I reall don't like the idea of that much cheap labor flooding the market and driving down wages for the rest of us. I really dislike the idea of the chamber of commerce winning this battle and depressing wages in the us for a generation. BTW the year warning was including the six months grace period tha Trump just gave before rescinding that illegal executive order from Obama.

Phil Mudd, Deputy Director FBI under Robert Mueller

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:49 am 

cabinish wrote:
.... I can't imagine young people being plunked into Mexico

You hear that argument a lot. Don't refugees and immigrants come here all the time to a "new country, unfamiliar surroundings, and not speaking the language"? But to send them to Mexico, under that same scenario is cruel and mean? Isn't that an arrogant insult to the country of Mexico or anywhere else? That they would not accept and take care of even their own native people returning to unfamiliar surroundings, and needing to learn a language?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:59 am 

cabinish wrote:

I think the point you're missing is the danger of the executive branch making such important decisions without congress in the first place. Obama set the precedent and Trump is at least trying to reverse that dangerous precedent. At least illegal immigration has finally slowed down under Trump, and if you don't think THAT is a good thing, then I really don't understand that logic.