It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Allroos Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:02 am 

Scarey stuff.

The North's sixth nuclear test on Sunday was its most powerful yet, but it was unclear whether it had in fact detonated a hydrogen bomb.

-- North Korea said it successfully conducted a test of a hydrogen bomb Sunday -- the country's sixth nuclear test.
-- The explosion created a magnitude-6.3 tremor, making it the most powerful weapon Pyongyang has ever tested.
-- Hours before the test, North Korean state media released pictures of the country's leader, Kim Jong Un inspecting what it claimed was a nuclear warhead being placed inside a missile

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/03/asia/nort ... index.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:31 am 

Think the US will get the support of regional powers to launch a military attack on North Korea? Supposedly they claim to have the capability to put a hydrogen bomb on a rocket

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:07 am 

The regional powers will wait until hundreds of thousands are killed by a nuke before they are serious about any kind of attack on NK. Preemptive attacks are a no no these days.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:44 pm 

Japan's constitution outlaws preemptive military strikes but their Parliament is debating repealing that due to North Korean missile testing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:28 am 

The experts are now doubting Kim's hydrogen bomb claims, think it is just a normal a-bomb.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:43 pm 

Tarryall wrote:
The experts are now doubting Kim's hydrogen bomb claims, think it is just a normal a-bomb.

I'm not sure that's credible.

Quote:
Paul Richards is the guy you call when you need someone to decipher nuclear seismic signatures, and he's been busying divining those telltale nuclear scribbles detected in North Korea this past weekend.

Richards is a special research scientist at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory. He's riffled through the data of nuclear seismic data in years past and called out other researchers who credited the North Korean regime with nuclear blasts.

His takeaway: This weekend's North Korean nuke was a real blockbuster. "The explosion appears to be the largest since China surprised the world with a magnitude 6.5 nuclear test in May 1992—more than 25 years ago," he said in an email. "The main point: this was a huge explosion, probably hundreds of kilotons, and larger than any of those conducted by the Soviet Union and the United States since 1976."

According to Richards, the largest underground nuclear explosions at Soviet Union test sites produced magnitude 6.1 tremors. This test had a larger magnitude at about 6.3—measured by hundreds of seismic stations reporting to the United States Geological Survey.

"Tentatively, I'd put today's test at around 250 kilotons with a factor of uncertainty around 2 until we get better information on the depth at which it was carried out," Richards said.
(full article) http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/news/a28057/north-korea-nuclear-test-expert/

Looks like it could be in a two-stage device in a Teller-Ulam configuration to me, but I'd hardly call myself an expert.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:02 am 

ChromaKey wrote:

Looks like it could be in a two-stage device in a Teller-Ulam configuration to me, but I'd hardly call myself an expert.

Looks like a big-ass salt shaker to me, and I AM a food expert. :happy::

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:00 pm 

Thanks WaPo
Why Kim Jong-Un wouldn’t be irrational to use a nuclear bomb first

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... 80d7396c64

The strategy turns on Kim’s main calculation that the United States will say it’s not worth losing a major American city to get rid of him. This would allow him to avoid the fate of Iraq’s Saddam Hussein and Libya’s Moammar Gaddafi, who did not have nuclear weapons. Deterrence worked uneasily during the Cold War — albeit with close calls and some hair-raising moments — but it worked. Many of the same principles about mutual destruction still obtain today between major powers.

Owner, CEO and Founder of http://www.communitiesbound.com Founder of http://www.285bound.com
Graphics Design at www.gorgeouslygraphic.com
Colorado Native.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:13 pm 

Yeah. Isn't it weird to think there's a cult-like following numbering in the millions who find this figure endlessly charismatic.

Tell me, friend. Is he supposed to be the fall man for what's about to follow?
It was a mere wacky moment of American indiscretion,
"not really who we are,"
and so on?

What hack wrote this screenplay, anyway?
I don't think anyone can make this boat float.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:27 pm 

I believe we are being groomed for war with North Korea but personally I do not find them that dangerous nor that Kim is crazy. He is playing a game, hoping we pay him to stand down, but I think America is tired of that and would prefer dropping million dollar bombs on his fat ass.