It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Allroos Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:04 pm 

ChromaKey wrote:
Slickgreen wrote:
there is no economically feasible replacement for the masses

If you repeat this mantra enough, do you believe that your magical thinking will make it become true?

Please please please enlighten me with a reality that is different than the one I see. How many people in the flooded area (or any other large city) would be able to convert all their homes and cars to green energy, not to mention the transportation required to deliver affordable food, water, clothing etc. Just because something may be possible in the future, doesn't mean it's a current reality. Using a storm tragedy like this for political arguments is petty and foolish if you don't have any viable alternatives that could have prevented this. Please list the economically feasible solutions you could have put in place 10 or 20 years before this happened.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:59 pm 

Silly Slick! Economic feasibility? Viable. Reality?

Sorry those words don't exist on the Left or in Community Organizers' Bibles.

I know of one economically viable solution for clean power that was shut down many decades ago. Nuclear Power.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:47 pm 

joeschmo wrote:
Silly Slick! Economic feasibility? Viable. Reality?

Sorry those words don't exist on the Left or in Community Organizers' Bibles.

I know of one economically viable solution for clean power that was shut down many decades ago. Nuclear Power.

Yup. I realize it's usually an exercise in futility to point out reality to those who choose to ignore it, but I just can't help myself to keep trying. As I've said before, I love the idea of fossil free energy for all, just like I absolutely LOVE the idea of world peace and "free" food and healthcare for all. But those are just ideas with no basis in today's reality. Everything has a cost and we can only afford that which we have the ability to pay for.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:25 pm 

joeschmo wrote:
Economic feasibility

Economic feasibility and sociopathic quarterly profits will not save the world.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:56 am 

ChromaKey wrote:
joeschmo wrote:
Economic feasibility

Economic feasibility and sociopathic quarterly profits will not save the world.

Fairy dust and unicorn farts will. We're not talking about evil "corporate interests" here (unless we're talking about how Tesla is subsidized by taxpayers so that rich people can feel good about driving without polluting)... we're talking about the average Joe (not that you're average, Joe). It's the poor and middle class that will suffer from forced energy policies that make heating/cooling a home or driving a car unaffordable. But of course the left doesn't care about subsidizing corporations they like, even though the corporations only help the rich or the companies more likely to donate to Democrats.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:25 pm 

The coats to rebuild Houston are mind boggling. Hopefully people move to safer, less flood prone areas more in the center of the nation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:34 pm 

I think if you dump 50 inches of rain anywhere, it will be flood prone.

Phil Mudd, Deputy Director FBI under Robert Mueller

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:56 am 

The death toll to date is 53.

What is realistic and factual is the money was spent anyway that might have been used for preventative measures - be it seawalls and flood control
or in response to predictions of climate change. Harvey is expected to cost $100 Billion.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-us-h ... far-2017-8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:21 am 

I assume this is scientific and realistic. Click on the image.

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:28 am 

1. How many years have we been measuring ocean temps?
2. How old is the earth?
3. How confident are scientists that the ocean temps have never been this warm? (based on what evidence?
4. Why did past hurricane predictions not come true?

Irrelevant questions?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next