It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Allroos Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

Post subject: Re: 9/11
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:23 am 

In the next 5 years emergency responders will die from exposure to toxins at the site than were lost that day.

This day after, and every day after, remember they responded to the call and ran towards danger without hesitation and with all their hearts. That's the American spirit, it didn't die that day with them, on a plane,
or in a Pennsylvania field. Keep it alive to honor them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:28 am 

The Mirror wrote:
I was at the airport in my office at the freight house watching on tv with my associates. After a few hours, at about 9am we decided to go play golf. On the way out I see a guy loading freight for LaGuardia into a cart. I'm like "don't bother, it's not going anywhere". I used more colorful language than that and I remember him looking at me and just shaking his head. The course was dead, we had it all to ourselves...afterwards at 3:30 pm I had a football practice at Buchanan park. 12 out of 22 kids showed up and the 11 no shows didn't play on Saturday. I had a rule- You don't show up for practice, you don't play

PERIOD

And you can still win a instant milk bowl championship with only half the players on the team! Amazing!

And your Math is bad, should be 10 no shows (22-12=10)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:41 am 

Out of deference to all the strong feelings people have around this anniversary, I waited until 9/12 to point out the following: I reject 9/11 being some sort of holiday. It stands as a reminder of every wrong turn, every demonstration of poor wisdom, every foolish or dangerous or criminal policy and position we've adopted since Bush v Gore. This is the Holiday of the stolen 2000 election, this is the holiday of once-trusted US officials aiding and abetting of Saudi attacks on our soil, the illegal 2003 invasion and occupation of Iraq, and US contempt for UN and International rule-of-law.

This is the holiday of US tacit acceptance of war crimes, this is the holiday of US treasury payments to warlords who supposedly support democracy, this is the holiday of Abu Ghraib, of the corruption of US morals and the celebration of US crimes against humanity. This is the holiday of Guantanamo Bay and wrongful extraordinary rendition and detention without due process or proper respect for habeus corpus. This is the holiday of the vandalism of the US Constitution, of US official conspiracies to perform warrantless wiretapping and monitoring of the people.

This is the holiday of the squandering of US treasure and blood by the civilian leadership, the Department of Defense, and the military-industrial complex. This is the holiday of hysteria and mindlessness, foolishness and xenophobia. This is the holiday of the Federal system ceding its own moral authority. This is the holiday of public demagoguery and lies. It's the most un-American celebration I could imagine, and I refuse to acknowledge it.

9/11 is a black mass and I stand apart from those who would elevate or celebrate it. I neither accept nor celebrate these wrongful things, nor will I rest easy until they've been reversed and those here who are responsible have been brought to true justice. 9/11 isn't about the external attack on America. It's about the internal attack on America.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:56 am 

The disgraces you listed of lost freedoms, election and treasure - valid enough but I would never call remembrance of 9/11 a celebration of any kind.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:06 am 

cabinish wrote:
The disgraces you listed of lost freedoms, election and treasure - valid enough but I would never call remembrance of 9/11 a celebration of any kind.

I believe that it is a celebration, a national subconscious implantation of false and incomplete memories and emotions crafted from deceptive interpretations of the projected shadows of true shapes and forms. It is an attempt to legitimize and whitewash the false and harmful world that Cheney and Bush built together in collusion with much that is evil. It is an attempt to strip Americans naked of our own values and principles while hypnotically suggesting nothing has changed. It is the manifestation of lies and it is high treason against both the spirit and the letter of our national Constitution, our International obligations, and our national morality. It is profane and it deserves no seat at the table of our national civil religious ceremony or liturgy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:25 am 

I was thinking it felt too much like a holiday yesterday browsing through the news channels and football games. I know most here don't buy into the conspiracy theories about 9/11, but listen to the interviews with Bob Graham here:

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?opt ... ival=17227

He was the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee during 9/11 in case you don't know his credentials.

Phil Mudd, Deputy Director FBI under Robert Mueller

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:28 am 

ChromaKey wrote:
Out of deference to all the strong feelings people have around this anniversary, I waited until 9/12 to point out the following: I reject 9/11 being some sort of holiday. It stands as a reminder of every wrong turn, every demonstration of concept for wisdom, every foolish or dangerous or criminal policy and position we've adopted since Bush v Gore. This is the Holiday of the stolen 2000 election, this is the holiday of once-trusted US officials aiding and abetting of Saudi attacks on our soil, the illegal 2003 invasion and occupation of Iraq, and US contempt for UN and International rule-of-law.

This is the holiday of US tacit acceptance of war crimes, this is the holiday of US treasury payments to warlords who supposedly support democracy, this is the holiday of Abu Ghraib, of the corruption of US morals and the celebration of US crimes against humanity. This is the holiday of Guantanamo Bay and wrongful extraordinary rendition and detention without due process or proper respect for habeus corpus. This is the holiday of the vandalism of the US Constitution, of US official conspiracies to perform warrantless wiretapping and monitoring of the people.

This is the holiday of the squandering of US treasure and blood by the civilian leadership, the Department of Defense, and the military-industrial complex. This is the holiday of hysteria and mindlessness, foolishness and xenophobia. This is the holiday of the Federal system ceding its own moral authority. This is the holiday of public demagoguery and lies. It's the most un-American celebration I could imagine, and I refuse to acknowledge it.

9/11 is a black mass and I stand apart from those who would elevate or celebrate it. I neither accept nor celebrate these wrongful things, nor will I rest easy until they've been reversed and those here who are responsible have been brought to true justice. 9/11 isn't about the external attack on America. It's about the internal attack on America.

:thumbsup: :yeahthat: +1

"The Stupidity Is Breathtaking": Joe Scarborough Evaluates Trump

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:29 am 

joeschmo wrote:
The Mirror wrote:
I was at the airport in my office at the freight house watching on tv with my associates. After a few hours, at about 9am we decided to go play golf. On the way out I see a guy loading freight for LaGuardia into a cart. I'm like "don't bother, it's not going anywhere". I used more colorful language than that and I remember him looking at me and just shaking his head. The course was dead, we had it all to ourselves...afterwards at 3:30 pm I had a football practice at Buchanan park. 12 out of 22 kids showed up and the 11 no shows didn't play on Saturday. I had a rule- You don't show up for practice, you don't play

PERIOD

And you can still win a instant milk bowl championship with only half the players on the team! Amazing!

And your Math is bad, should be 10 no shows (22-12=10)

At the beginning of the year I always had about 24 kids, because of injuries one year we played the last game with 11...But that week those no shows missed one practice, and one game. Actually I was required to play every player at least 3 plays per game, but that's all those no shows got that week. The league gave me 25 flag stickers to put on the helmets that year- I never gave them to the kids. I was disappointed in the country's weak, lame and cowardly reaction to 911- The whole country cried like a baby over it...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:48 am 

john wrote:
I was thinking it felt too much like a holiday yesterday browsing through the news channels and football games. I know most here don't buy into the conspiracy theories about 9/11, but listen to the interviews with Bob Graham here:

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?opt ... ival=17227

He was the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee during 9/11 in case you don't know his credentials.

I never, not consider conspiracy theories as legitimate ...Because just about everything in this world, is a lie

The news lies, the government lies, the company you work for lies, your bank lies, the commercials lie....

And the Republican (AKA the naive) half of the country believes them all

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:33 pm 

We slaughter millions, then cry for 15 years when we lose 3000 New Yorkers- My least favorite people btw