It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partnersSite Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

Post subject: Swiss bank referendum
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:24 am 

Hasn't been covered much in the news, this sounds like a pretty big change if voters pass it.
I don't know if I trust the government or central bank to hold my deposits any more than I trust the sleezy commercial banks? And the Swiss already have tried negative interest rates, what a deal!

http://markets.businessinsider.com/news ... 1024708516

"On June 10, a referendum will be held asking Swiss citizens if they back the introduction of a concept known as the sovereign money initiative, proposed by a group called the Vollgeld Initiative.

At it's most basic level, the sovereign money initiative boils down to a change to what is recognised as money and would stop banks being able to extend credit in the way the have done for centuries."

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:31 pm 

Fascinating stuff Joe! :)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:15 am 

Your browser does not support drag'n'drop file uploads.Please use the fallback form below to upload your files like in the olden days.Wow. That would change banking as we know it is it catches on. Personally I doubt it will happen. Banks would countersue if it did pass.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:29 am 

What's with the browser stuff on all your posts tarryall?

Phil Mudd, Deputy Director FBI under Robert Mueller

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:31 am 

On the topic, I would love to see fractional banking done away with but don't believe it will happen. The people with the power in this world will not let it happen.

Phil Mudd, Deputy Director FBI under Robert Mueller

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:50 am 

john wrote:
On the topic, I would love to see fractional banking done away with but don't believe it will happen. The people with the power in this world will not let it happen.

Ha... "oh well ...we can't do anything about it, it's just the way it is" - John

The Swiss government doesn't allow banks to buy thier politicians/government. Their representatives aren't dependant on bank money to get elected and remain in office like ours are- they represent the people and they can do whatever they want in thier country. The lesson, dumbshit? We need to get special interest money out of our politics- It could be done overnight with the stroke of a pen

ok, Eeyore?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:44 am 

joeschmo wrote:
Fascinating stuff Joe! :)

You put more people to sleep than Sominex, joe

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:34 am 

Sorry about the extra crap in my posts. This internet café is not top of the line. Got to tour Omaha beach and the others yesterday like Utah. Amazing to see all the engineering that went into building the Mulberry artificial ports. And how they managed to keep an offensive going by insuring the troops were supplied. As we toured the American cemetery located on the bluffs above the beaches, you could still see some of the German bunkers and last ruins of the artificial bay. A nice touch, near 2 O'clock a solo French fighter flew up the coast.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:38 am 

There is a tendency to think the kids these days are brain dead who just stare into their phones, but it was nice to see so many young Britons, American, and French kids touring the American cemetery and acting with proper respect yesterday. Maybe they realized that men not much older than their age died trying to get ashore so many years ago. I thought the French didn't really like Americans but all the ones I talked to at this cemetery were very grateful that America, Britain and Canada liberated them instead of the Soviets.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:15 am 

It must be pretty sobering to remember and see the history there.