It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partnersSite Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Allroos Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167 ... 170  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:36 am 

drmike wrote:

Paul and Silas were put in jail... When they had no hope, nowhere to turn, when they were literally trapped and bound in their circumstances, they began to sing praises to God. As they did, right at midnight—their darkest hour—there was suddenly a great earthquake. The prison doors flung open, their chains fell off, and they walked out...

I suppose you must be thinking of that deplorable fascist stain, Joe Arpaio.

Quote:
CRS 18-8-208. Escapes.

(1) A person commits a class 2 felony if, while being in custody or confinement following conviction of a class 1 or class 2 felony, he knowingly escapes from said custody or confinement.

(2) A person commits a class 3 felony if, while being in custody or confinement following conviction of a felony other than a class 1 or class 2 felony, he knowingly escapes from said custody or confinement.

(3) A person commits a class 4 felony if, while being in custody or confinement and held for or charged with but not convicted of a felony, he knowingly escapes from said custody or confinement.

(4) A person commits a class 3 misdemeanor if, while being in custody or confinement following conviction of a misdemeanor or petty offense or a violation of a municipal ordinance, he or she knowingly escapes from said place of custody or confinement.
(https://www.hmichaelsteinberg.com/colorado-criminal-law-the-crime-of-escape-from-custody.htm)

Are you advocating anarchy in the name of Christianity? Are you saying it's okay to pick and choose which laws you honor and which you disregard? How can you trot out passages from the new testament of Christ, which opposes the wrongful paternalism of the old testament one or two posts after quoting the wrongful paternalistic ideology of the old testament? You understand, don't you, how profoundly hypocritical one must be to simultaneously elevate those two mutually-exclusive ideologies.

Either you're an old-testament Paternalistic chauvinist or you faithfully follow the universal humanist progressive teachings of Christ. You do not get to pick and choose a la carte where you follow Christ or follow the sociopathic chauvenist male god that too often today is used to justify the subversion of souls to become champions against Christ's progress and wrongfully service the metaphorical genitals of Hitler's ghost through the excesses and immorality of Trumpism and illiberal pathological antihumanist antienvironmental antipeace antijustice dark ideologies of the enslaving corrupting metaphorical and literal violence cultivated by Rightist ideology and wrongful sociopathic religious extremism.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:49 am 

Connect to Your Deliverer

Today’s Scripture

"Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!"(Habakkuk 3:17-18, NLT)

Habakkuk knew what to do when things seemed completely hopeless. His world was literally falling apart around him. There was destruction everywhere he looked. But Habakkuk knew that God was greater than what he was facing. So what did he do? He invited God into his circumstances by rejoicing and praising Him.

Are you facing a situation that seems dark or hopeless? Many in the Gulf Coast are. No matter how difficult things may seem, God has a plan to bring you out into a place of victory. Your praise is the bridge that will carry you through because your praise connects you to your Deliverer.

Remember, God inhabits the praises of His people. Praise catches His attention. When God shows up, miracles happen. No matter how things may seem in the natural, you can find peace in knowing that God is working behind the scenes on your behalf!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I come to You trusting that You are my Deliverer. No matter what is going on around me, today I choose to bless and praise Your name. I choose to connect to You, knowing that You are the source of my strength, hope and peace in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA'sprayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at mbrooks3353@gmail.com if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at mbrooks3353@gmail.com

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Web: http://idontwantthisdivorce.com
blog: http://idontwantthisdivorce.com/blog
E-mail: mike@applicablecoaching.com
Office 303.456.0555

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:33 pm 

Why would we praise an ostensibly omnipotent omniscient God at a moment of time when they are acting in a manner that is functionally sociopathic and genocidal? Why would we submit praise for an ecological disaster in the name of any deity? What religion do you preach from the pulpit of, friend? You sure speak as though you're addressing Christianity, and yet... You just quoted from something apocryphal to most Christian tradition. I'll tell you point blank that is just fine, we all have spiritual license to our individual practices do we not? But it raises all sorts of doctrinal questions when we consider that Christ was a revolution of spiritual independence forever from the religion that claims to own that book you just quoted from. What sect of Christianity do you represent, exactly, or is it something else?

Let's discuss the equitable spiritual, religious, and moral treatment of all genders, even the ones that were not recognized in the not-so-distant past. After all, is this not the 21st century? Has not primordial religious intolerance been excised fully from respectable religious doctrine, belief, and practice? Will you yield when your spiritual preference begins to interfere with others' cultural freedom, with gender freedom, and with spiritual freedom? Is your doctrine a part of mankind's progress in this 21st century or are you instead wantonly acting as a kind of regressive medieval force that functionally promotes authoritarian paternalizing figurative enslavement and control over others by indirectly attacking them through wrongful intolerant gender-bigoted memes sowed widely in American society and elsewhere to the detriment of such meek souls? What exactly is your game, friend? How exactly does it slot compatibly into our progressive pluralistic society if your doctrine contains latent ideological intolerance or inequity for some of our newest genders and minorities?

Do you claim inscrutability and free license to disparage anyone explicitly or implicitly in my community because of who they are as non-cisgender individuals in the name of your religion, doctrine, ideology, or spiritual value system?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:56 am 

Call on Him

Today’s Scripture

"...call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me." (Psalm 50:15, NIV)

Right now, our city and many across Texas and Florida are experiencing wide-spread devastation like never before seen in history. We appreciate your prayers during this time. While there is still so much unknown about the situation, we can set our hearts and minds on what we do know. What we know is that God is faithful. What we know is that He is our Deliverer. What we know is that we can trust in Him. He is our hope, He is our peace, and He will carry us through.

He promises that no matter what you face, He will empower you to walk through it and overcome. When you don't understand, when you don't have answers, when you are in your darkest hour, He is your light of hope. He will bring restoration and order to your life again. Today, whether you are in areas affected by the storm or somewhere else in the country experiencing another type of "trouble," call on Him. He will deliver you, and in return, you will bring honor and praise to Him.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I'm calling on You. I trust that even in my darkest hour, You are my light of hope. Give me Your peace that passes understanding. Bring order and restoration. Heal this land as Your people come together and call upon You in Jesus' name. Amen."

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA'sprayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at mbrooks3353@gmail.com if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at mbrooks3353@gmail.com

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Office 303.456.0555

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:20 pm 

Well. I think that you are clearly one mean-spirited individual. Suppression of the matriarchal nature of God will never again be confused as civil behavior.

Quote:
"... reliquos vero dementes vesanosque iudicantes haeretici dogmatis infamiam sustinere ‘nec conciliabula eorum ecclesiarum nomen accipere’, divina primum vindicta, post etiam motus nostri, quem ex caelesti arbitro sumpserimus, ultione plectendos."

The Edict of Thessalonica was a degrading act of cultural vandalism and spiritual genocide. What kind of monster would believe that they can perpetuate such paternalistic authoritarian affronts still in this 21st century?

Such behavior is anathema to civilization.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:59 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:33 am 

The parable of the Unjust Steward
Quote:
Luke 16:9-13 (NIV)

9- I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.

10 “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. 11 So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? 12 And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else’s property, who will give you property of your own?

13 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”

Sociopathic Capitalism and fascism are anathema to both God and good; she loathes them because they are evil.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:41 am 

Press Through

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Keep on asking and it will be given you; keep on seeking and you will find; keep on knocking [reverently] and [the door] will be opened to you” (Matthew 7:7, AMP)

In Mark chapter five, there was a woman who had been sick for twelve years. The doctors gave her no hope. But she heard that Jesus was passing through her town. Something deep down on the inside was saying, “This is your season. This is your time to get well.” In the natural, when she saw all the people around Him, she thought, “I’ll never get to Him. It’s so crowded and I’m weak.” She almost missed her season. But instead of dwelling on those negative thoughts, instead of looking at her situation, she started reminding herself, “If I can just get to Jesus, I will be whole.” She made the choice to turn her thoughts in the right direction and was empowered to take a leap of faith. She pressed through the crowd until she got just close enough to touch the edge of Jesus’ robe. Instantly, she was made whole.

Jesus said in Mark 5:34, “Daughter, your faith has made you well.” Notice it’s our faith that activates God’s power. We have to press through our thoughts, press through our circumstances, press through the crowd and obstacles until we touch Him. Today, with every step you take, God is drawing closer to you. He’ll meet your faith with His miraculous power so you can embrace the victory He has waiting for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Heavenly Father, I come to You today with an open and humble heart. I ask You to fill me with Your strength,peace and joy so that I can press through to victory today. Show me the good plan You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Office 303.456.0555

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:59 am 

The Only Thing That Counts

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love” (Galatians 5:6B, NIV)

So often, it’s easy to get caught up in our to-do lists of life. You might even have a spiritual checklist in your mind of all the things you think you need to do in order to please God. And we should have the desire to please Him and follow His commands, but pleasing Him starts with our heart condition. Scripture tells us in 1 Corinthians that only faith,hope and love will last into eternity. We can’t have faith unless we first have hope, and our faith won’t work without love. The point is that we have to remember to adjust our focus and make sure that we aren’t just going through the motions in our spiritual walk. We can do a lot of “good” things, too. But if we don’t have love, they won’t matter in eternity. We can have a lot of knowledge, but if we don’t have love, it won’t do us any good. However, when love is the foundation for everything we do, it honors God and opens the door for the life of victory in blessing He has prepared for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father God, thank You for Your blessing and peace upon my life. Today, I choose love, knowing that it fuels my faith. I don’t want to go through the motions; I want to love the way You love me. Show me ways to grow in love as I keep my heart and mind fixed on You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Office 303.456.0555

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:09 am 

God does not abide with the male psychopathy of pirates and emperors, nor does she accept their endless obsequious lies.
An old lesson in morality for the 21st century (OLM-1)

Quote:
"So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." - John 8:7

Do not be fooled by an anti-Christ. For example, Donald J. Trump was reported today denouncing Kim Jon Un as "obviously a madman," and yet Trump is manifestly one of the world's most dishonorable and dishonored statesmen, and he is objectively and completely non-credible on issues of morality, liberty, equality, justice, spirituality, and peace. We live in an era filled with the Capital sins of weaponized demagoguery, gaslighting, and spiritual degradation. Such violence, real or metaphorical, is a profound affront to God, for neither she nor good itself can abide with the lies, liars, and committed hypocrites. They degrade and undermine the beauty of her truth and meaning with the pathological hubris of petty spiteful men and misshapen souls.

God would tell you herself, if you'd only listen: Trump is a racist white surpremecist; he's looking for an excuse to continue the subversion of US state morality to perpetuate new acts of genocide against non-whites. What's the life of a Korean to Donald J Trump and his ilk of psychopaths and beastly men? Seventy-five years ago, the ideology of the KKK deployed the Atomic Bomb, and they used it against God herself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167 ... 170  Next