It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partnersSite Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:20 pm 

Oh dear—had some typos! Let’s try this again!

I have to admit, I am a bit of a language snob! Check out today’s blog on the Eclectic Grandma!
http://Www.eclecticgrandma.com

Thanks and happy writing and reading!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:51 pm 

Check out my blog site!! www.eclecticgrandma.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:08 pm 

Lynn Brown wrote:
Oh dear—had some typos! Let’s try this again!

I have to admit, I am a bit of a language snob! Check out today’s blog on the Eclectic Grandma!
http://Www.eclecticgrandma.com

Thanks and happy writing and reading!

Yes, great article. There are too many sloppy articles in Journalism now days. Writers too reliant on spell check and auto correct. I see errors almost every day in the news.

Even on message boards, certain posters... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:13 pm 

Thanks so much for the feedback! I appreciate your reading the article. Maybe we can all work together to improve the levels of literacy out there!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:25 am 

The likely cause of this vexatious problem is simple: of course grammar and rhetoric are still essential in the twenty-first century, and yet kids are not being universally well-grounded in these fundamentals of public primary and secondary education. They've been told by flashing ephemeral media and the mainstream message implit with the existence of Twitter that (for so long) 140 characters is an appropriate container for the gamut of thought and expression online. That's not even a paragraph, not really.

It's all part of this anti-intellectual wave that's been growing for decades now. Problem is, it is in fact now an actually quite nuanced and complex brave new world filled as it is with subtle deception and manipulation of this newly cultivated social-facile superficial and shallow subsociety. A lot of people seem to have had their minds reduced to that of hapless credulous children being led directly around in circles in the face of this new age, and that's the case now, I posit, because critical social, cultural, and especially political thinking was and is built on that essential stout foundation of early rhetoric and grammar.

The crisis is manifest, this is real illiberal dark age feudalism and oligarchical aristocracy vs liberal enlightened modern rational progressive civilization. This time, the entire world is literally at stake. What breathless and exciting mid-life drama this is.