It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partners Site Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Allroos Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:19 am 

People have gone missing from Colorado dude ranch, Mesa Verde, Rocky Mountain National Park and
more - but the National Parks keep no record of incidents.

" Aficionados of the vanished believe that at least 1,600 people, and perhaps many times that number, ­remain missing on public lands under circumstances that defy easy explanation.

Numbers aside, it matters tremen­dously where you happen to disappear. If you vanish in a ­municipality, the local police department is likely to look for you. . . With the exception of the sheriff, however, these ­organizations don’t tend to go rifling through the woods unless your case turns into a criminal one.

. . .I thought that in the wild, someone would send in the National Guard, the Army Rangers, the A-Team, and that they wouldn’t rest until they found you. Now I’m not so sure."

https://www.outsideonline.com/2164446/leave-no-trace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:33 am 

Art Bell should get on this story! Everyone thought Sasquatch was a vegetarian. Just kidding. I wonder if some people disappear that way on purpose. I have a classmate who got friends and the school together to search for his wife who had gone hiking alone. After two days, the search was mysteriously called off. I think they found evidence she had started a new life in another state.