It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partnersSite Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:58 am 

No Fly Zone allows people to contact them and a section off restricted airspace, but they need to provide proof of residence such as a lease agreement or a utility bill.

The ability to rescind blockages is especially important because No Fly Zone allows anyone to add any address to the list with no formal verification process. I didn't have to show any proof of residency to register my parents' house in the San Francisco Bay Area.

The site's Terms of Service explains that not all drone operators and manufacturers will necessarily agree to opt into the program because doing so is entirely voluntary. It also isn't guaranteed that all of the ones that do participate will load their machines with the most recent version of the database.

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/no-fly-zone-drones/

US 285 COTRIP Info

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:40 pm 

Won't a shotgun do the same thing? (Kidding!)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:35 pm 

Motion detector with a sling shot? (Hillbilly method) :biggrin:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:58 pm 

Spud gun!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:18 pm 

I just hack into the drones navigation system, take over the controls, and land it in my back yard. Re-flash the firmware and add a back door password and zero day payload, and 000010100100101100010101 encrypted IP DNS MAC address, self destruct, super secret virus time bomb and spyware, oh my!

No worries. Stay away from Joe's house you Drones SOBs! You have been warned!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:24 pm 

This won't stop public officials and private government contractors from doing anything they like on any justification against the constitution that they can pull out of their asses. For a more meaningful response, we're probably going to need some surface-to-air defensive technology (doubtless illegal), or an anti-drone drone (which I find super-intriguing in concept. Ram them out of the sky? Damage a few of their vertical thrust props and they're gonna spin to the ground.) It probably would not be too difficult to make a blue laser turrent with enough output to burn out pixels in any imaging system pointed at it, however. They might think twice after that. Or your could just use a semi-automatic shotgun with bird shot *nods*.

This entire topic is basically silly. You'll have few rights and fewer recourses. If you get clever and do anything like I describe, they'll just crush you. The really offensive ones are the the drones with radar that can see through soft structures, give a body count. Anne Frank: go straight to the gas chambers.