It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Please visit our local business partnersSite Terms of ServicePrivacy Policy
Allroos Cactus Jack's Saloon and Grill Dan Smith, Loan Officer Evergreen, Conifer Elevation Dental El Rancho Brewing Co. Evergreen Towing Ferellgas Lynn Brown Nerium RE/MAX Alliance Evergreen Tree Top Thai Massage & Spa Tupper's Team

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:48 pm 

PARK COUNTY, Colo. — The Park County Sheriff’s Office was working Saturday on the case of a Platte Canyon High School student who was reported missing Friday night.

Photo: Long family

The Canyon Courier reported that family and friends became suspicious when Maggie Long, 17 of Bailey, didn’t show up to a concert at Platte Canyon High School that she helped organize.

. . ..There was a fire at around 6 p.m. Friday in the 3700 block of County Road 43 that is being investigated as arson, according to Park County Undersheriff Dave Wohlers.

“The Park County Sheriff’s is actively working a crime scene off of County 43 and as of this time there are no search parties being organized however if in the event one is needed in the near future the Park County Sheriff’s office will ask for volunteers,” Park County Sheriff Fred Wegener said in a Facebook post Saturday afternoon.

http://kdvr.com/2017/12/02/17-year-old- ... rk-county/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:59 pm 

Am a little worried she has not been found by now. Or are they withholding information?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:33 pm 

The sheriff posted this on withholding information that is not encouraging.
Long's sister posted about her disappearance on Facebook on Friday night.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:31 am 

Right now it is looking like the girl burned her house down and ran away. I guess it could also be a kidnapping and they burned the house. But I don't think you would want to attract the attention when you are commiting a felony already.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:32 pm 

What do you make of this?

"BAILEY, CO— A Colorado community now left concerned and confused as 17-year-old Maggie Long has been missing for three days. A gag order has been placed Monday morning over all law enforcement involved with the case.

Residents in Bailey are fearing for their safety and wondering where Long could be.

“Usually when they do that, that’s not good. Good things don’t come from that,” said Rick Craven, Bailey resident.

Investigators can’t release any information about the case as a gag order was issued Monday by the 11th Judicial District."

http://kdvr.com/2017/12/04/investigator ... teen-case/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:54 am 

I think the gag order might be because she is under 18. I hate gag orders. We need to know what is going on here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:53 am 

Tarryall wrote:
I think the gag order might be because she is under 18. I hate gag orders. We need to know what is going on here.

Really? Why? How does it effect you personally? If this were your family would you feel that the world at large had the right to all the details?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:58 am 

If there is a arsonist on the loose in your community, wouldn't you want to know? Or a kidnapper?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:06 am 

The Sheriff's office released a statement on their Facebook page saying: We are sorry we are unable to reveal more information at this time. We are working on an active arson investigation. We do not believe there is any risk to the public.
We continue to ask for prayers for the Long family.

Doesn't sound to me like there's an arsonist or kidnapper running amok in ParkCo.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:10 pm 

I hope this all works out for the best.

Owner, CEO and Founder of http://www.communitiesbound.com Founder of http://www.285bound.com
Graphics Design at www.gorgeouslygraphic.com
Colorado Native.